What’s a Child Performance Licence?

A child performance licence is required for all working children in the entertainment industry. The law applies to all children and young people from birth until the completion of compulsory school in which a child reaches the age of 16. If the job is overseas then an overseas licence is still required up to the age of 18. The person…

Read more ›

What is a Chaperone?

A chaperone is a person, licensed under a local authority, who accompanies and looks after another person or group of people. All children under 16 need to be chaperoned by law. If the child will not be with their parent, school teacher or home tutor, they must be supervised by a chaperone approved by the council. Sometimes parents can act as chaperone…

Read more ›

Enable Notifications? OK No thanks