We don’t expect professional headshots from everyone, but we do expect you putting in a little effort to get them looking decent.
- The surroundings need to be considered – best with a solid-coloured wall, blue sky or trees behind the model.
- Tip: If model has light hair, consider a darker background and vice versa.
- The model should stand up straight and tall, with shoulders back and chin lifted toward the camera.
- Tip: Hair should be washed, dry and preferably loose, wear natural make-up and simple clothes.
- Tip: Twins could stand back to back, or one behind the other, so heads can be close.
- The photographer should hold the camera at eye level (or just below) and the model framed in portrait mode.
- Tip: A well-placed tripod or stack of books may help prop up the phone!
- Tip: If shooting indoors, stand about 3 feet from the backdrop, face a window, and place the camera between the window and the model.
Here’s a helpful video on how to take passport photos on your phone!
Take a selection with various natural facial expressions, and upload to your profile, or email pics to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload via Dropbox.