The law applies to all children and young people from birth until the completion of compulsory school i.e. the last Friday in June in the school year in which a child attains the age of 16.

The process can be time consuming. As there’s often a very short turnaround period for shoots it might help if you knew where to download the relevant docs from and what to prepare in advance!

Each licence application must be accompanied by the following:

  • Two recent passport-sized photographs of the child;
  • Proof of the child’s date of birth (copy of birth certificate or back page of valid passport);
  • Health declaration form;
  • Letter from the child’s headteacher agreeing to the child’s absence from school and/or confirming that the proposed performances will not be detrimental to the child’s education;
  • The Production Company should also supply a safeguarding policy and risk assessment.

Find your local authority by entering your post code here:

Apply for a child performance licence

Then you can download the relevant docs and complete the fields under the ‘Under 16s’ tab on your children’s’ profile.


If you would like to register for a chaperone licence, follow this link:

Become a licensed chaperone for child performers